2nd Multicultural Healthcare Quality Improvement Symposium
*Registration payment includes Credit Cards and Interfund Transfers ONLY.
Health care professionals, healthcare administration, all professionals and interested stakeholders in healthy communities
Healthcare providers in the Charlotte region are being challenged by the complexity of treating a patient population that is increasingly diverse each day. Patient diversity, however, goes well beyond dimensions such as language, culture and ethnicity. What practical steps can providers take to break down barriers to effective patient-provider communication and get better outcomes for all their patients? How can stereotypes used by both patients and providers affect the quality of care? What tools are available to providers to help them meet these challenges? How can providers practically implement cultural competency in their day-to-day practice to improve care and patient satisfaction?
6.5 contact hours / 0.65 CEUs
“Nurses: This educational activity can be applied toward your continuing competence plan for maintaining your current licensure with the North Carolina Board of Nursing.”
- Identify racial and ethnic disparities in health care and health outcomes in the Charlotte area.
- Identify root causes of communication barriers between patients and providers.
- Help providers to “know what they don’t know” about the causes and remedies for cultural and linguistic barriers to understanding.
- Raise provider consciousness about how cultural and linguistic barriers impact patients and to acknowledge how patient diversity impacts providers.
- Share how cultural competence and patient-centered communication can dismantle barriers to understanding between patients and caregivers.
- Engage, energize and equip healthcare providers with straight-forward next steps and community tools for addressing key multicultural healthcare issues and reducing racial and ethnic disparities in their practice.
Paulina R Crass, BA, CSSGB, 704-512-7592
Dec 5, 2017
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Victor R Armstrong, Sr., MSW,Dr. Jason Bolden, MD,Dr. Dellyse M Bright, MD, Robert F Carta, BS, Pharm, Arlene Cash, MA,Dr. Alisahah J Cole, MD, Malu F Fairley-Collins, MDiv, BCC, Associate ACPE, Brisa Hernandez, BUS, Calvin Hung, MPT, FACHE,Dr. Darin N Kennedy, MD, Pedro E Mendez, MBA,Dr. Ifeyinwa Osunkwo, MD, MPH,Dr. Hazel Tapp, PhD, Cornell P Wright, MPA
- Dec 5, 2017
- 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Check-In Time
0.65 - CEU
6.50 - Contact Hours
Dec 5, 2017
- 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM
- Classroom 17/18
- Registration - Breakfast & Lunch included
- Contact Hours